Wednesday, January 7, 2015

What's Up?

Life is a little crazy for us.  Thus, not blogging.  I don't have time for it with everything we've got going on, but I can't decide if I am going to quit or not....

So here's what's new for us so far in 2015:

I read a book called It Starts With Food.  

It Starts With Food


Not for New Year's, the timing was just that it seems like I did so.  If you haven't read this book, do it.  Like right now.  It is frightening, and will have you thinking a lot differently about food.  I am now doing the Whole 30 challenge and seeing what happens.

We'll also be shifting our family towards zero processed foods, and getting rid of almost all gluten. Not because gluten is the enemy, but because of what food scientists have done to our grains.

We will however get rid of it completely for Moyz.  I can't get his eczema on his legs under control, it's the worst it's ever been and I am thinking it might be related to food.

This is going to be super tough for our family.  It's cheap and easy to toss bread at the kids, not to mention pasta for supper.  Chris' first thought was how expensive is it going to be, but I am hoping that since we won't be buying anything that is processed or has high fructose corn syrup we'll just transfer that cost to meat and veggies and fruit.  We'll see.

I cut off a giant portion of my thumb in a mandolin making apple chips.


Gross huh?  It took 2 hours to stop the bleeding.  I can't even look at the mandolin without clinching.

And I am reading these books:

       


I did not make New Year's Resolutions this year because I am terrible at follow through!




No comments:

Post a Comment