Monday, January 26, 2015

Lost Teeth, Matching Silverware and Life

Kembia lost her first tooth.


She is extremely proud of it and keeps asking if she looks different.  We don't do the tooth fairy, but she had a grandma who said she would send her a couple of dollars.  Dollars?  I remember when we got ten cents.

I finally decided to be a grown up and got matching silverware.  Chris and I have been married for almost 14 years and never had silverware that matched.  He didn't want to register for them when we got married because he had some from his apartment.  Note to all men, register for anything and everything your wife-to-be wants.

Anyway, my crazy garage sale, unmatched silverware has been severely bugging me over the course of the last month or so, and I finally went to Target and had sticker shock as to how expensive it was. Oneida had some where you could just buy knives or forks, and we went that route.


The Savor series specifically.  The knives weigh a ton, but they give me a bizarre sense of satisfaction when I open the drawer and they all look so pretty lined up.

And my cleaning/organizing journey continues going strong after reading this book.  I've managed all the upstairs, minus Chris' clothes.  I think I am going to have to do it for him, and we'll see how that goes.  Then we have Ava (quasi-hoarder), and our laundry room/camping/misc. storage room.  I'm pretty frightened of that one.  So I'll leave it for last until I've perfected my organizing skills.







No comments:

Post a Comment