Friday, November 21, 2014

When Do You Put Your Tree Up?

Traditionally, we have gone the Saturday after Thanksgiving or on the afternoon of Black Friday to get our tree.

snow covered majestic pines

We used to always go north to my parents, and then the cost of gas in 2008-9 went crazy and then we added a bunch more kids and it was easy to just go and pick one out from the big box stores.

But now it bothers me that they spray-paint them, and it seems like a good way to visit the family, and most importantly- we will be there already.

We might actually get our tree this weekend since we will be back at my parents to hopefully fill our deer tags.  Part of me is panicking about getting a tree before thanksgiving, but it seems to be the best idea.

I am still fighting the push for holidays way before the event actually happens.  A local store had Christmas stuff up in September and I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs to stop the insanity!

When do you put up your tree?

No comments:

Post a Comment