Monday, July 7, 2014

First Day of Homeschool!

It's here.  Already.


I had all of June and the first week of July to get ready, and somehow it flew by and now we are at the first day of school.

Hello class, my name is......Mom.  Crazy.

Homeschool Room with DIY Farmhouse Table {happinessishomeade}
Wouldn't this be an awesome school room?  We're doing school at the kitchen table, Ava will probably do much of it on her bed due to lack of room in our house.

We are doing year round schooling following a 6 week on, 1 week off schedule, with two weeks at Christmas, and all of June off.  We'll see how it goes.  I am team teaching geography and history to the kids so we will start with that first thing in the morning.  Meaning I read the  lesson out loud and then they have grade-level appropriate exercises to do afterwards.

Then off Ava will go to do things on her own like reading, and science, while I focus on Owen, and she and I will later meet up again for math and grammar.  Schedule subject to change on what works and/or what doesn't!

We're doing a 4 day schedule with Friday being relaxed to focus on art and music and if anything remedial is needed.

And just for fun, because I have a feeling humor will be my best friend.

My mom is in love with my principal.  . . And I'm OK with that. After all, my principal is my Dad, and Mom is my teacher! I'm homeschooled and loving it!   

homeschooling humor | Homeschooling humor.

Image detail for -School of Awesomeosity: A little Homeschool Humor

No comments:

Post a Comment